Downtown Chestertown Association is introducing a new progressive music festival on Saturday, May 2, 2015. The event pairs local musicians with front porch-type venues throughout town, giving visitors the opportunity to tour the town and discover local artists, businesses, shops, restaurants, outdoor spaces and architecture. For this new event celebrating local art, we hope to inspire a local artist to design logo that will help Downtown Chestertown Association successfully attract a wide audience to attend.
Here are the rules for entries:
· Initial entries must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· The entries must be submitted as a scalable vector graphic in EPS format, and also as a JPG. Background must be transparent.
· The email must include the name, age, postal address, phone number and email address of the Entrant.
· No more than 3 Entries may be submitted by any one Entrant.
· Entrant should also include a b&w version
· Logo should be able to work in various formats such as ads, web, literature, business cards, t-shirts, etc…
· The chosen Entrant will release all copyrights to the DCA for future use.
· No stock photography may be used.
· DCA may ask Entrant for revisions
· All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design
· The chosen design will be selected by judges appointed for the purpose and by DCA. Their decision will be final. No further correspondence shall be entered into.
· No entries will be returned. All entries become the sole property of the Downtown Chestertown Association for any use it sees fit. While every attempt will be made to use the winning logo in its original design, some alterations may be necessary and DCA reserves the right to include said changes.
· DCA reserves the right not to select a submitted design
· DCA reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Entry at its sole discretion.
2. Top three things to communicate through our logo design:
· Community · Quality · Creativity
3.Length of competition:
The competition will run March 8, 2015 – April 2, 2015
4.There will be 1 design chosen.
The chosen designer:
· will have his/her logo used by DCA for an undetermined amount of time
· will have a bio and photo featured on the DCA website, at least one electronic newsletter, and in any printed brochure published for 2015 Porchfest, if DCA elects to create.